East London IDZ's Offering to Industry
SANEC is proud to announce to be appointed to represent East London IDZ (East London Industrial Development Zone) in both South Africa and the Netherlands. The two parties have signed an agreement in July 2013 and the new agreement caters to a variety of activities that promote East London IDZ and provide access to the Netherlands, furthermore attracting Dutch investors to the IDZ. They shall work together in a number of fields with a focus on agro processing and renewable energy. Below you find the offering of East London’s IDZ to the industry.
The East London Industrial Development Zone SOC Ltd is the operator of the East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ), an entity which exists to help manufacturers to become globally competitive through the development and efficient management of a modern, purpose built industrial location, which offers investing industries a streamlined business environment enhanced by a range of supporting services. The Zone is already operational and currently houses a number of manufacturers that supply products for the local and international markets.
The East London IDZ is a prime industrial park in South Africa. The zone is specially developed for growth oriented manufacturers in search of ultimate global competitiveness.
Boasting 150 fully serviced sites, the company is on a mission and has already succeeded in establishing local and global export-oriented industries within the zone.
The company offers complete solutions and streamlined business activity for companies doing business in a number of sectors. These include:
- ICT and Electronics
- Energy and Advanced Manufacturing
- Marine Aqua-culture
- Business Process Outsourcing and Offshoring
Investors that locate in the zone can take advantage of:
- Optimal Purpose Built Operating Environment
- Innovative Industrial Solutions
- An incentivised business environment
- Tailored Industry assistance and support services
1. OPTIMAL PURPOSE BUILT OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
- 132/11Kv sub-station built for sustainable and adequate supply of electricity to the East London IDZ’s industries;
- Water supply systems designed to cater for various industries
- Highly competitive telecommunication infrastructure (Value Added Network license) and broad band internet connection
- 2.4 m high fence with a 3m high internal electrified fence to allow for a high level of protection for all manufacturers
- Access control and data assessment system which provides the necessary security and 24 hour controlled access into the zone.
- Quality premises and efficiently operated utilities and amenities
- Purpose built investor facilities designed and delivered to customer specifications for cost and time efficiency
- Expert investor facility construction services , from initial planning, design, right through to project administration.
- International industry benchmarking and research of new found building technologies leading to investor competitiveness.
2. INNOVATIVE INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS
The East London IDZ has engineered solutions to streamline business operations and enhance the competitiveness of its tenants. These solutions include:
- Enabling sector specific infrastructure (reduces set up and operational costs)
- A cluster-driven servicing approach (shared services for economies of scale)
- Sourcing and localising of production inputs (value chain enhancement)
The ELIDZ also encourages innovation in zone based industries through the East London IDZ’s Science and Technology Park (STP). The STP is strategically located in the ELIDZ and is strategically positioned to:
- Support industrial research and development
- Incubation of new technologies
- Stimulate, organize and manage the transfer of knowledge and technology from the knowledge custodians to companies and the market place
- Stimulate the development of young technology industries
The STP currently offers:
- An open innovation platform
- Centre of Excellence for Renewable Energy
- Advanced Tooling and Process Engineering support
3. AN INCENTIVISED BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
The East London IDZ has various incentives which can be accessed by qualifying industries.
- Specialised Customs Controlled Area benefit for qualifying industries.
VAT (14%) exemption on:
- Goods imported
- Capital equipment
- Land supplied (to CCA enterprises) for sale and letting
- Electricity and water supply
No import duties on:
- Raw materials and other consumables for manufacture
- Goods for storage
- Capital goods used in the CCA
- Specialised local incentives including:
- Preferential land rental and utility rates
- Competitively priced land
- Access to national manufacturing and other generic government incentives.
4. TAILORED INDUSTRY ASSISTANCE AND SUPPORT SERVICES
The East London IDZ prides itself in providing soft landing support to investors through the provision of business streamlining and support services that aid investors in the completion of investments and the start up of local operations.
A skilled team of experts assist the investors with:
- Relocation planning assistance
- Assistance with high level market research and intelligence
- Start-up assistance relating to business set up requirements including company registration, visa and various permit applications
- Assisted access to municipal planning services and compliance to the necessary municipal and zone building regulations/guidelines
- Assisted regulatory compliance and government services access
- Application support for national and local incentive programmes and benefits
- Labour recruitment and skills development facilitation
- Access to convenient, zone based community services and amenities
For more information contact:
East London IDZ SOC Ltd
Tel: +27 (0)43 702 8200
Fax: +27 (0)43 702 8251
E-mail: [email protected]